Monday, March 12, 2007

Time Is Money: Peapod

I'm going to put blogs on here on a regular basis where I talk about ways to save time. Some of them may cost money, others save you tons of money. I won't post anything I don't already use. For example the first one I'm posting about Peapod, I've been going to Giant since I started grocery shopping. After losing my license I tried taking a cab to the grocery store, cost me $20; I tried just getting stuff from the mart down the street, stuff that usually would cost me $30 wound up being $40; and I tried carrying stuff the mile from the store to my place and almost lost my hand from the loss of circulation. Peapod has made my life easier.

As I think I've said before, I'm a very busy person. I also don't drive. So there are many different things I have found online that save me time or keep me from having to find rides places. One thing that I have found very useful is Peapod by Giant. Just the delivery of the groceries alone is worth it. The delivery cost for my order I placed last night which included about 10 gallons of beverages was only $7.95. If you think about it, if you spend more than half an hour driving to and from your grocery store and carrying all the stuff inside, your time is worth more than the delivery costs. To top it all off, they keep track of all the groceries you have previously ordered and over the time you take to place your order takes less and less time. There is even a feature on there where you can cut and paste your grocery list into a notepad type window just like what I type my blog in, and it will figure out what you want with uncanny accuracy. Also, all the specials are right there for you to look thru. Click on the link at the bottom of this blog and you'll save $10 off of your first order. Thats more than the delivery costs, plus you still get all the discounts in the store.

Peapod - Lighten the Load this Spring with $10 in Free Groceries (234x60)

No comments: